Re: eDara - more project like links

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 11:48:29 +0200
"Isam Bayazidi" <bayazidi at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

> "hatem ben" <reflex_news at yahoo dot fr> wrote:
> >
> > http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=project+management+php&section=projects
> >
> > http://www.dotmarketing.org/dotproject/
> > - very complete project managment and cool design
> >
> > http://www.osicodes.com/web/
> > - commercial one, but can check the demo page
> >

> I liked the dotproject .. it is indeed what we are planing to do ..
> I suggest considering dotproject as it is an open source program (under
> BSD license).. we can take it and modify it to make it eDara , it is
> more than 60% there ..

As noted in my first post - we've looked and scoured the internet for
something that we could use and utilize that fits our needs and we decided
AGAINST it (including the projects above and others).  This decision was
not made lightly and we'd really not like to rehash that process; on
the other hand, look at the other projects to learn and to get ideas
on how to implement or how to layout the eDara pages, but let's
not go through the "should we do this, or not" debate -- at this point
there are 4 very interested parties that seem to be eager to get going,
so let's get going.

Since it seems unanimous, PHP will be used along with mysql.  The
volunteers will be contacted in private (all will be CC'ed) to
finalize details and divide-up the work somehow.