Re: Arabic & Vim-6.0 patch

Nadim -

> > It looks like this patch only does shaping, but not BiDi yet.
> > Is that so?
>
> That is indeed so - Bidi is an area I'd like to get into (haven't
> had time just yet though); I am also aware that another person,
> Yousof Mortazavi (yousof at engsoc dot org), is also looking into
> this area (there might be others).  Maybe we could coordinate our
> efforts to speed-up Bidi's inclusion into VIM, thoughts ?

That's up to you.  You can understand I won't do much on this myself,
since I hardly know anything about BiDi.

> Out of curiosity - which VIM release will contain the Arabic shaping code ?

I can't say.  Vim 6.1 will be a bug-fix release.  I don't know yet what
will happen after that.  I'm not sure I have much time for Vim
available.

- Bram

--
"When I die, I want a tombstone that says "GAME OVER" - Ton Richters

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram at moolenaar dot net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
(((   Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim   )))
 \\\  Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org  ///