Re: VIM (Arabic patch)

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir arabeyes org> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 06:02:12PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> > I'll try to include new things for version 6.2.  Whether the Arabic
> > support is included also depends on feedback I get from people who
> > actually use it.  I haven't heard much about it, probably because the
> > people using Arabic are not using the vim or vim-dev maillists.  Please
> > mention your good and bad experiences, so that I can get an idea of how
> > well the Arabic supports works.
>
> That is true. We have been using VIM with the Arabic patch for a whole
> year now. We have also initially had the translation of Gnome and KDE
> use VIM to edit the PO files (until KBabel was adequate enough for
> Arabic). I personally have been using it since 6.0. It works beautifully
> and haven't had any problems with it. I can say the same for all
> who have tried it.
>
> A casual search on arabeyes.org for 'arabic vim' would give you most
> of what has been said on the subject (including users who are trying
> to figure out how to make it work). I don't know how else to put it,
> but we regard it to be very stable.
>
> For everyone on the arabeyes.org lists, _please_ email the vim list
> and let them know how you found the Arabic patch to be useful for you.

I agree with Mohammed's comments and find the patch very usable myself
(but I'm a bit biased for obvious reasons :-)  So do please include it
ASAP as its been written (and rewritten for the newer releases of vim)
a few times now at your earliest.

BTW: I agree with Mohammed on our need to note our feelings about the
     patch (so all you VIM users out there and there are a good number
     of you (since I've helped a heap get going) _must_ reply and show
     your comments/support).

I think the vim list only accepts posts from subscribers (and thus my
email reply to you directly Bram - sorry).

Regards,