Re: VIM (Arabic patch)

Moe Elzubeir wrote:

> I am writing here to enquire once again about the Arabic patch's status.
> It has been submitted since January of this year. So far, there does not
> seem to be any indication that it will be part of the main vim source
> tree.
>
> Could someone please confirm if this will ever be considered or not? IF
> not, then we need to consider forking from VIM or providing pre-compiled
> binary packages (whichever is better). After all, the point is
> to provide the Arabic user with Arabic support in VIM. If VIM does not
> want to include that support, we need to provide it in other ways.

The changes to support Arabic are in the todo list somewhere.  However,
I'm lagging behind in fixing reported problems, and adding new features
always has a lower priority.

I'll try to include new things for version 6.2.  Whether the Arabic
support is included also depends on feedback I get from people who
actually use it.  I haven't heard much about it, probably because the
people using Arabic are not using the vim or vim-dev maillists.  Please
mention your good and bad experiences, so that I can get an idea of how
well the Arabic supports works.

--
Some of the well know MS-Windows errors:
	EMULTI		Multitasking attempted, system confused

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram at moolenaar dot net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
///          Creator of Vim - Vi IMproved -- http://www.vim.org          \\\
\\\           Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.a-a-p.org           ///