Re: fribidi + joining/shaping

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Munzir Taha wrote:

> 0628; BEH; D; BEH
> 0629; TEH MARBUTA; R; TEH MARBUTA
> 062A; TEH; D; BEH
> 062B; THEH; D; BEH
> ...etc...
> As far as I know this is not Arabic ;-)
> Even if there is someplace in the world where it's pronounced like this, I am
> speaking about (formal) Arabic not dialects. Will you please clarify this to
> me.

There are different traditions of transcription, and there are a lot of
legacy around character names. Just get your hand on a copy of ISO 8859-6,
and see that the standard, approved by many Arab countries and actually
developed by ASMO itself, uses the same names for Arabic letters.

Anyway, the names are just for identification purposes. Don't let them
annoy you.

roozbeh