Re: fribidi + joining/shaping

--- Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh sharif edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> > BTW, Just now Roozbeh is in Tokyo for an ISO meeting.  He is
> > supposed to discuss the matter with other Unicode guys.  I will
> > write the ideas when I find whats going in there.
>
> Sadly nothing happened about bidi vs. joining in the ISO JTC1/SC2 meeting
> in Tokyo. Neither Mark Davis nor any other Bidi expert was attending.
> Ken Whistler, one of Unicode editors, told me that we will need to write a
> proposal with good visual examples, if we don't want things to get
> standardized in the wrong way.
>
> Just as you have been guessing, the final hope is me and Behdad again ;)

I'm hoping we can possibly get involved in this "final hope" as well :-)

So if there are documents/ideas/etc that you guys (Roozbeh & Behdad) have
and are sharing and talking about, we'd love to see them and help out; its
only logical for all of us to work together (the more eyes, the more brains
the better).  If we are deemed too slow (ie. not upto speed on certain
issues), we'll gladly do extra homework to catchup given a bit of guidance.

As for joining Unicode - we'll be talking internally about the Liaison
option (or whatever it was called - the one that didn't cost anything),
unless the donations start pouring in :-)  Your sponsorship deal, I
must admit, sounds very appealing (you guys must be good negotiators :-)

Thanks again for your info and let's start sharing/working on this topic
together; sound reasonable ?