Re: fribidi + joining/shaping

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> BTW, Just now Roozbeh is in Tokyo for an ISO meeting.  He is
> supposed to discuss the matter with other Unicode guys.  I will
> write the ideas when I find whats going in there.

Sadly nothing happened about bidi vs. joining in the ISO JTC1/SC2 meeting
in Tokyo. Neither Mark Davis nor any other Bidi expert was attending.
Ken Whistler, one of Unicode editors, told me that we will need to write a
proposal with good visual examples, if we don't want things to get
standardized in the wrong way.

Just as you have been guessing, the final hope is me and Behdad again ;)

roozbeh