Re: New Quran releases: libquran 0.21 and QtQuran 0.041

My Inbox Happily Received This From Mohammed Yousif @ Sat, 7 Dec 2002 23:53:06 +0200

> > /usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc ./searchform.h -o searchform.moc.cpp
> > g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include
> > -I/usr/X11R6/include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -O2 -fno-exceptions
> > -fno-check-new  -c searchform.moc.cppIn file included from
> > searchform.moc.cpp:11:
> > searchform.h:54: parse error before `*' token
> > searchform.h:90: syntax error before `*' token
> >
> > so i had to add:
> > #include <quran.h>
> > to the file searchform.h
> >
> > i know that those errors are due to gcc 3.2 is more strict, but that's what
> > we have! anyway, i've attached a patch that corrects the compilation
> > problems
> I just didn't want to #include <quran.h> everywhere
Why not ??
It seems that you are using gcc 2.x
cause if you were using 3.x it won't compile, due to the more strictness of gcc 3.2

> > $ /usr/src/qtquran-0.041/src/qtquran
> > Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> > Error calling quran_init()
> >
> > ??!
> >
> > had to dig through the source of libquran to find that it can't find
> > /usr/share/libquran/audio and create it manually
> oh, no you do not need to create it if you don't have audio files
> Anyway before typing 'make install' in libquran you should modify
> libquran.xml to reflect the prefix you set
> so if you did : ./configure --prefix=/usr , you shouldn't need to
> modify it but if you did: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local or if you
> did only: ./configure , you will have to modify libquran.xml to be :
> <libquran>
>         <datadir>
>                 <text location="/usr/local/share/libquran/xml"/>
>                 <audio location="/usr/local/share/libquran/audio"/>
>         </datadir>
> </libquran>

strange! i did that, but it didn't work
so i had to create them manually

> > really i suggest that you print the return values from quran_init() it'll
> > help the users troubleshoot it anyway
> my working copy have that, I just thought that "Error calling quran_init() -2"
> will not make sense to a user, I'm planning to add --debug option to configure
> that have that should make qtquran verbose.
Error calling quran_init(), Return code is -2
;)

- --
- -- Katoob Main Developer
Linux registered user # 224950
ICQ # 58475622
FIRST  make  it  run, THEN make it run fast "Brian Kernighan".