docbook css questions

Hi all,

I know that this is not the right place for my question but developer
is the only active list.

I'm trying to write Arabic documents using LyX and Docbook, it is
working fine so far, LyX needs a bit of tweak for the SGML output to
be valid though.
problems start when producing output from the SGML source, I failed to
find a way to specify RTL paragraphs, no my question is can we use a
cascading style sheet to force paragraph direction??
a typical docbook.css looks something like this

..BOOK .TITLE          { text-align: center }
..BOOK .SUBTITLE       { text-align: center }
..BOOK .CORPAUTHOR     { text-align: center }
..BOOK .AUTHOR         { text-align: center }
..BOOK .AFFILIATION    { text-align: center }
..BOOK .EDITEDBY       { text-align: center }
..BOOK .EDITOR         { text-align: center }
..BOOK .GRAPHIC        { text-align: center }

so I assume these translate into tags eventually, if HTML supports
BIDI
tags then surely we can put them somewhere in a css file.

I really know nothing about all this stuff, I'm just trying to come up
with a working solution, hopefully I won't have to learn SGML, XML,
DSSSL, HTML CSS and all these lovely letters just to be able  to
produce a single sourced Arabic document.

cheers,
Alaa

--
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we
ourselves