Re: more on Duali

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 10:28:37AM +0430, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
>
> > Are you saying you don't expect the Quran to pass a specll-checking test?
>
> No, I don't expect Quran to pass that. For example, there are words in
> Koran that use a Seen where it should be a Sad only since in the original
> Koran collected by Uthman it was written that way. A small Sad is then
> written above the letter to make sure it is pronounced Sad by the reader.

So it will require a little bit of accommodation. The point is, grammatically it
is no different from current RA (Regional Arabic), let alone MA (Mother Arabic).

In any case, I don't think that's a real problem (though not suitable for quick
tests since it needs to be adapted to the irregularities).

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir