Re: some questions about Akka

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 03:14:42AM -0400, Haydar Net wrote:
> Mohammed Yousif wrote:
>
> >On Sunday 04 August 2002 09:53, Haydar Net wrote:
> >

> >>Salam,
> >>I have some questions about akka:
> >>

> >I will try to answer what I can.
> >

> >>1- how to configure akka to use a normal arabic "no square arabic".
> >>
> The Arabic letters does not join at all? but when i load
>
> Akka::load_glyph_file(2, "/usr/share/consoletrans/iso60glyph.map");
>
> I get seperated letters and much less than without loading it "many
> letters disappeares"

Oops.. I think I missed that one. I'm not sure why you are not getting
shaping, but it is certainly something with the way the fonts load and
'consoletools'. It seems to work fine for me (Debian) and M.Yousif
(Slackware).. so, not sure where it's going wrong for you.

Can you give more details? Have you tried to manually load things? Fire up the
Perl interpreter and enter what's in the conf file and see what kind of
warning/errors you may get. <shrug>, I'm just throwing punches in the dark
here ;)

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: