Re: Akka-1 RPM & SRPM

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:14:15AM +0200, Haydar Net wrote:

> The first beta of HaydarLinux is going to be released soon, but  i think
> it will be later than 15  April and i hope 25-30 April this will give as
> more time to translate some command line programs such as initscripts
> and fileutils, and it is RPM based distribution 90% compatible with
> Redhat and build with gcc3.1 which maked the QT libraries not compatible
> with RedHat :(

Why is it built with gcc3.1, just out of curiosity.

> I don't know whare to find the man pages, maybe i did not search enoght
> :), but i will also help me because i don't know everything about akka.

No, I don't blame you, it is hidden ;) When I created the debian
package, the packaging tools would yell and cry if you didn't have a
manpage for the package.. so I had to create one.. and it ended up in
akka/debian .. I probably should move it to doc/ but soon as we get the
RPM done for this one and get that out, I will try to re-arrange some
things around. It's in SGML format (akka.sgml).

> the /etc/akka.conf scripts is a perl scripts it runs automaticaly from
> the initscripts when you start the linux, ypu can also run it using perl
> /etc/akka.conf, I have made to give the user a chanse to chose his own
> akka configuration.

That's great. Will we see those patches some time in the future, or are
we going to have to send our forces down to where you live and get
them ;)

I told Chahine that if he gives me a python interface, I will make him a
nice console-based configurator instead of having to actually modify the
perl script (although it's rather trivial, even I can do ;)), but I much
prefer have a simple conf file.

later