Re: VIM-6 - rightleft redisplay

Nadim Shaikli wrote:

Numbers aside (and we can live with them not being processed correctly
until Bidi is adopted).  The question still stands on how to modify the
above noted logic/code to redisplay the characters in "rightleft" mode.

Agreed. Now that I'm thinking about these things, I wonder if certain Asian texts need to be displayed vertically? (topbottom mode?)

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with the code to offer a solution (I need to see Arabic examples.... lots of them).

Well, I would suggest downloading our work-in-progress code,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/arabeyes/vim
-or-
  http://www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/vim/vim-shaping.tar.gz

Ok. I've used it awhile now. Lots of screen refresh problems when you are in an ISO-8859-x type of setup.

The Arabic input is interesting. I press 'q','w' which show a slightly different set of characters than typing 'q', ' ', 'w'. I press CTRL-L and the "combined" 'q''w' sequence is indeed drawn differently.

Hmmm, I'll take a closer look...

--David H. Jr.