VIM-6 - rightleft redisplay

Adding Arabic shaping abilities to VIM-6.0 is very close to being done (sans
'search' (ie. /) ability).  I have one puzzling hurdle left (I think :-)

With the current code in search.c (function 'screen_line' line #3953) there
is a 'while' which in essence redisplays everything (which seems to always
happen upon entering a new character).  Here's my question - in "rightleft"
mode the redrawing is still done from left-to-right instead of right-to-left
and that is playing havoc with the new Arabic shaping code (Arabic as you
might know or have guessed by now is a right-to-left language).  It seems
only logical that in "rightleft" mode that the redrawing be done in the
same direction (ie. from right to left).

Is someone out there familiar enough with the code to offer an ifdef'ed
solution that would redraw and traverse the characters from right-to-left
in "rightleft" mode ?  I've attempted to do that myself, but there are bits
and pieces of the code that I don't understand and can't seem to get right,
thus rendering my subtle attempts non-functional.

Many thanks...