[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Arabbix 0.6 and other
- To: core at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: Arabbix 0.6 and other
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:57:16 -0700 (PDT)
Its 1:45am and I'm on the ground. I have goobs and goobs of issues relating
to Arabbix - there are a number of serious matters like,
- Lack of Arabic vim (arabic is not compiled into vim)
- Lack of Arabic mlterm
- Lack of listing of Arabic if you right-click in any form (vietnamese is
listed, but not arabic)
- Mozilla in lang=en shows up in Arabic completely (no english)
- I was not able to have sound (nothing at all)
- I was still unable to get any streaming audio
For instance, go to www.kcrwmusic.com and try to listen to anything
in any format -- we're missing the plugins.
- Missing USB support (couldn't test video) it said kernel was not compiled
- Logout results in reboot (not shutdown)
- Dialup/PPP are untested
- Lilo background (very nice) needs a bigger mention of arabeyes.org
(its now on the top-left vertical - it needs to be 10x bigger)
- Desktop background needs a bigger mention of arabeyes.org
We really need to build into this release Arabeyes.org (desktops can
be changed easily - so we need to have menu items and/or icons on
the bottombar to "make things obvious" -- the more the better).
- I have a new bottombar layout (much more intuitive and simple to
create - 15-20 minute job) Take a peek at,
the question marks icon is to contain our HOWTO/FAQ/help etc.
The mushroom icon (to be replaced by Arabeyes' logo) is to contain
our marketing/propaganda stuff - intro/about/help-us/etc). Beyond
the intro, we need all the docs written up !!!
Everything else that I could think about is not a show-stopper, the above
I think are. I will mail tomorrow morning (you might get these emails back
to back) a complete report which will include the above points to 'general'.
Mohammed, I would really feel alot more comfortable if we had another test
release - could we get a couple of extra days from the .sa LUG guys ? Are
they doing the printing in dubai ? What is to happen with the art work ?
Can we be involved there as well to make sure we are happy with what will
be done ?
Anmar, I've modified that Almothana font (again) and its now supporting
the non-bold look (in www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/tmp/ae_AlMothana.new.ttf or
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search