Re: in defense?

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> Just wanted to point your attention to an interesting discussion on the
> linux-egypt forums that has been taking place lately. I didn't want to
> post this on the 'general' list as not to divert attention from work
> into noise.
>
> http://www.linux-egypt.org/showthread.php?threadid=2258

And noise it is :-)  I don't think you will get anywhere, I spent a good
hour+ talking about this and trying to see what issues and what content
was there for us to address, but I'm not sure there was any trust.  Reading
about the fact that arabeyes is simply a localization project solidifies
his (and a few others') view -- I'm not sure why they are bent on bad
mouthing Arabeyes' work, but that's their provocative (and problem).  If
they can't surf a website to read about what has been done, I'm sure
pointing it out in an email will not satisfy them either (its a lose-lose
proposition).  I've always been of the opinion that "Arabeyes' work speaks
for itself" and so if its not rining in their ears, then so be it ;-)

In short, thanks for making it plenty clear to them what the truth is
and salam.  I'm not a fan of cat-fights, would much rather work on results
and get things done (now that anmar is back - welcome back yaba :-).