Re: Move coming (#4)...

Salam,

From: Mohammed Elzubeir
Subject: Re: Move coming (#4)...
Date: Mon,  9 Jun 2003 00:07:38 -0500

Salam,

You should never have to modify any page on the website. If you are making
modifications, make them to your local working copy of the localcvs and commit
them. You know the drill..

Well, I actually told Nadim not to commit his changes because:

1- He wanted the modifs to be live quickly. The actual cvs copy of the website is not finished yet. Check the temporary link to see what I mean :-) So it wouldn't have been possible to cvs-update after his commit.

2- I made serious changes in the code. The resources, press releases etc are now in the DB. Next time when someone will need to add something he'll simply need to add an entry in the correspending table (and I'll even try to make it possible from a web interface, like for 'Post News').

Nadim, simply send me what you want to add and I'll do it in 10 sec, in the live site and in the DB.

But in terms of permissions, simply ask infrared on irc to do that. It is one
command for someone with root access.

This is due to some historical reasons (impossibility to cvs-update or something like that). I'll try to change the rights...

> The plan as it stands now (and more info will be coming) is to move starting
> next Friday (the 13th :-) evening (PST/-0700).

Great. Sounds good.

Later,

Youcef.

Trouvez l'âme soeur sur MSN Rencontres ! http://g.msn.fr/FR1000/9551