Website pre-07/29 thoughts

Per youcef's request - here are the changes I would like to see to our
live website prior to the July 29th party (yeah, all are superficial -
this is pretty much what I typed in to biku on IRC as a brain storming
session - ie. just thinking out loud to see how things could be molded).
I'm NOT posting this for discussion or dissection, these are my personal
spur of the moment comments and I'm doing this mail as a courtesy.  If
Arafat/biku can't accomplish them (as I gather youcef is busy) then they
should be postponed.

The template noted/highlighted below is,

  http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mmohamed131617/arabeyes/aesite2.htm

 1. too much space above banner
 2. banner needs to be nicer - not sure what those whale-fins are
 3. Navigation menu order needs to be,
    Home, About, News, Projects, Resources, Documents, People and Contact us
    a. All others need to be nicely structured in the Quick-Links or
       right menu somewhere.
 4. too much space below the navigation bar
 5. too much space between about blurb and first news
 6. Regarding the right menu section
    a. look at paidcontent.org (and others) and note how their
       forms are wider and their right menu doesn't get resized as
       ours does.  In short our right menu should not get resized.
    b. in right menu too many green titles
       i. for projects - have one green and subsections are in the
          template for each of the other types of projects
    c. no space between green bar and first entry but an empty line
       between last entry and next green bar - looks odd (not sure
       what to do here)
    d. links (all links) should either change color and/or (preferable)
       show the underline form when mouse hover over them
    e. as a suggestion - see what you can do about putting the login
       and search on a single horizontal line instead of the right
       menu (for grins)
    f. possibly make the buttons smaller (saw some nice things where
       people use arrows and such)
    g. quick links needs to be better organized (middle bar looks odd)
    h. Add "Join Us!" below Donate! in right menu
    i. Add more space between last entry and the sf.net logo
 7. "Project updates for July 2003" should be renamed to something shorter
    a. "Updates - July 2003"
    b. or use what you had before "July 2003 Project Updates"
 8. I like the templates green bar for the "More..." - bottom page, try
     that out on the current live page
 9. The original template had a black boarder around the banner and
    navigation bar - kinda looked nice, gave it a beveled look
10. It would be nice if drawn horizontal lines could be align if possible
    a. so on the front page the "Project updates for July 2003"
       (should be renamed to "Updates - July 2003") that line below
       it should line up with the first news article's horizontal line
11. Todo page should possibly be TAB oriented with tabs that contain
    your name be highlighted (if possible) with open to open all tabs
    to see current view