Re: New webpages

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 10:55:07PM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > Youcef, I know you are busy and I'm sorry to ask but I would like to
> > see the following 3 new project pages (over the next couple of weeks),
> >
> >   + full_wordlist -- call it 'wordlist' to be part of the translation
> >     section/group (it will require a mysql entry similar to KDE/Gnome).
>
> Please login to your website account and add the project yourself. At
> the very least, you should get familiar with the admin interface.

OK, will try.

> >   + Application i18n -- call it 'i18n_apps' this will include mozilla,
> >     Qt, etc (the misc applications that people have picked up that have
> >     a very small amount of work and are short-lived) to be part of the
> >     translation section/group.  We'll include the various logos sprinkled
> >     about on that page to convey the thought across.
>
> Please do not do this. Consider making one for each application. I would
> take this one on a vote by 'core' if necessary.

I don't want to admin 10 pages and have them all look like they are dead.
Alot of these "projects" are like 10-12 files that need to be done in an
afternoon and do NOT warrant a page onto their own (we just need a place
to simply put 2-3 lines noting the work and status that's all).  We need
a spot to put a blurb written up here and there and that's it.  If you are
still against it, then a vote is fine with me (but we also will have to
divide up the admin'ing of all these new multiple pages - which I will NOT
take on myself).  If there are projects that need to be broken into their
own project page due to their size/importance/interest then that's fine,
we'll have to deal with those on a per project basis - but I do see value
in lumping all the other smaller/tiny projects onto a single page.

> >   + Arabic fonts -- call it 'arabic_fonts' (I saw you have a "free fonts"
> >     page which is great we just need to sneak "arabic" in the name so
> >     either 'Free Arabic Fonts' or 'Arabic Fonts' or 'Open Source Arabic
> >     Fonts' or similar :-)
>
> You can rename the project if you wish. Though, I think it is obvious
> that any free fonts done by Arabeyes would be Arabic-centric.. but hey,
> if you are for stating the obvious, it doesn't bother me.

Will look into it as well.