Re: linux-egypt forums

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> So I posted about the ACE on Linux-egypt (thinking.. hey, M.Sameer is a
> linux-egypt member.. they might want to know). Sure enough, the next
> day, my post is removed.
>
> Not sure how Arabeyes would like to deal with linux-egypt from now on,
> but as far as I'm concerned, I consider them non-existent (until the
> person(s) responsible for this type childish behavior are no longer
> involved).

I really don't understand the need for censorship (of any kind).  I highly
recommend you contact M.Sameer or M.Yousif for them to find out what/why
and who did all this.  If their management deems this normal, then it needs
to be stated and noted.  If their LUG members stand for that action and
that atmosphere, then I would agree with your assessment.  If those members
don't also act and try to remedy these silly acts of indiscretion by either
brining forth more open-minded people and/or be simply starting a new LUG,
then its their own demise that they are working with.

More below...

> Regards
> --
> | Mohammed Elzubeir    | Visit us at:                 |
> |                      |  http://www.arabeyes.org/    |
> | Arabeyes Project     | Homepage:                    |
> | Unix the 'right' way |  http://fakkir.net/~elzubeir/|
>
> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature

Mohammed, instead of attaching your PGP sig, can you add it to your homepage
and simply link to it ?  It would seem like that would be a more stream
lined thing to do instead of getting a file.bin attachment file with ALL
your emails.