Re: univ mail

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir arabeyes org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 08:56:39PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
>
> > Salam - I'm ready to mail (120+) colleagues regarding our university
> > initiative and would like to get some feedback and ideas on the prepared
> > email.  I do realize its long - but its filled with info.  The only parts
> > that I can easily remove are,
> >
> >  a. the list of "why should universities do this"
> >  b. the list of "why should universities support arabization"
> >     i. there seems to be redundancy in them and the benefit points
> >        really capture all those thoughts (plus they are much shorter)
> >  c. the section titled "A bit on arabeyes"
> >
> > What are your thoughts.
> >
> > Mohammed - I did tone down the "aggressiveness" :-) so do let me know
> > if you have any other remarks (thanks for the earlier ones btw).
>
> Nice ;) I don't think anything needs to be removed right now.. it has a lot
> more flow to it and the re-iteration can serve as emphasis.

What you saw earlier was me just writing the thing and not even re-reading
it (hey, when you don't have time - shortcuts get made :-) sorry about that.

> This however brought to mind the idea of actually mailing it to those
> universities, through postal mail. That is, in addition to the emails of
> course. But I just think a physical proof of existence might re-enforce the
> idea. I'm just thinking out loud.

Sure, I have all the links (I just don't want to spend another whole day
extracting _that_ info :-)  It would really be nice if we could find people
on our lists (or friends there-of) that could go in and do a quickie
presentation (which reminds me - that presentation mailed a long time ago,
needs to be linked-in within the "about" page somehow).

>  + Provide extra experience to students when dealing with
>    existing code; its been proven that 80% of "real-world"
>                     ^
> 		    ' goes there ;)
>
> Otherwise, send away as far as I'm concerned.

Will make that correction (thanks !!); need Isam's blessings/comments
before enacting "Challenger go with throttle-up" :-)  Just be prepared
to answer some of the replies (if any) in case they come pouring in :-)