Re: Univ email

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 09:30:37AM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> Isam, could you please review the univ_email (in local/contact/organizations/
> univ/ - or something similar :-).  Don't worry about spelling mistakes - I'll
> take care of those later, see if the content is complete and appropriate.

I think even that is taking care of (aside from some rewording and rephrasing
you probably still want to do)

> PS: Mohammed has already looked at it.

Yes, but I haven't commented on it. So here it is ;) There is too much going
on in that letter.  I know that when you first wrote it you said that you just
threw in all your ideas in there.  That's fine, but if we are to send it, we
probably want to throw out a few paragraphs here and there.  I'm also not sure
about the sharpness of the way it's worded.  It just seems to me like it is
more aggressive than persuasive (note quotes and phrases on foreign software,
etc.)  I think the same point can be made with a less antagonistic attitude
embedded in the text -- but didn't want to change any 'meaning' in the text,
so I left it for Nadim to deal with.

Other than that, most of it sounds convincing (keeping all the points therein,
and possibly cutting out a few paragraphs to shorten it a bit --or not), and
we are ready for the campaign.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: