Re: task management/todo lists

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 11:54:28AM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> > If this goes live, eDara will not be -- so no confusion.
>
> I want to keep edara as a project - when I get freed-up I will take
> it on myself if no one comes along (I also reserve the right to use
> that name).

If we do have a groupware software that we use, what is the point of
edara as an Arabeyes project? If this is a name issue, I can simply
change it to groupware.arabeyes.org and everyone's happy. I just
didn't see a reason why eDara would still be an Arabeyes project
(and I still don't).

This has been brought to the table some time ago, and no one seemed
to have anything to add to it (my disucssion with Chahine on
the subject of eDara) -- so I assumed that translated to consent.
I specifically asked you for your opinion, but I never got one
(regarding putting a deadline on edara or pulling it out).

If you wish to 'take up' eDara, by all means go for it. But, that
will simply mean I will pull down what we have now (phpGroupWare).
I am not going to start having a database populated in one format,
and then have to port it to a newer one. In which case, that
would be a project that has nothing to do with Arabeyes.

Let me rephrase, lest I am taken out of context. We either have
phpGroupWare or eDara. Not one and then later move to the
other. I don't really care either way -- as long as it is there
to use. As far as the name is concerned, I don't know what you mean
by 'reserve the name', but I personally have no isses with
you taking that name anywhere.

later