Re: Arabic distro (Haydar revisited)

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at fakkir dot net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 10:23:32AM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> >
> > So it needs to be noted that some things are open and others are not.
> > This project, if you will, is not truly open then (just a thought, no
> > need for comments).
>
> Sure, but who cares? What _we_ work with him on is open. Everything else
> is his business, and we shouldn't even question it.
>
> > I am at a loss then - if this is NOT considered an internal project
> > or a project that we help with and have a page for - why are we importing
> > anything into CVS -- it sounded like haydar does NOT want a page on
> > arabeyes (which is odd, given that we have external projects).  My opinion
>
> Yes, that is my interpretation.
>
> > here is to ask him if he has any issues with the project being treated as
> > an external project.  We should NEVER have CVS files and work that is
> > not accounted for anywhere on our pages (meaning, if we are going to work
> > on anything on haydarlinux, and we are going to import files, then we
> > need to have a haydarlinux.php (or distro.php) in place)
>
> We should have stuff on CVS regardless. We don't have a project page
> for chonfigure? xkb? If we work on something w/ him, then it will get its
> own project page. That is, hijri program for example.. etc.
>
> Again, we might want to ponder on something along the lines of distro.php.
> I didn't think of that before..
>

> > If he opts for external status, then we need this in CVS
> >
> >   /projects/external/distro/haydarlinux
>
> No, /projects/distro/haydarlinux is good enough. Nothing deeper than that.
>

> > Other than that it sounds OK to me (I still don't know what is expected
> > from us, beyond us working on the 5/6 stand-alone projects noted before)
> >

> I think that would be it. Other than providing the tools that we setup, which
> I would happily provide.

OK, so it sounds like there are no issues (except for us to have a
distro.php page or not - which I think we should to at least put some
history to it and a link to haydar's page, etc -- minimal stuff, no
credit, etc -- very similar to the other pages (bland and to the point)).

So, what should I reply with to his email (if at all), or should we
just get right into the dirt and start the CVS import etc in which case
Mohammed its your domain.