Re: PayPal

On Tuesday 01 January 2002 19:51, you wrote:
> There is no question about the transparency. Also keep in mind that there
> is an element of trust here. You will simply have to trust that I will be
> responsible for handling the money (call it, 'Treasurer' ;)).
Mohammed, no doubt that we ( the core team) will trust you, after you you had
been giving away most of the logistics ( Server, Domain Name, Maintainance,
etc..) and you are the only one related for now to the hardware and real
existance of Arabeyes .. the question is to gain the trust of those who
donate, thier trust shouldn't be on you, but on the ARabeyes maintainers (
core team) that they will spend the money where it should..

> Sure -- We've already   talked about this though, and have already said that
> all receipts, transactions, etc. will be publically available. RE-re-re-read
>  the Arabeyes charter/manifesto/whatever ;)

Now that money is an issue, and donations are starting to be accepted, this
issue need to be addessed in other than the manifesto, after all how many of
the donatoers, or those who will probably donate will read it.. I read it
once months ago, and I don't have everything it says stuck in my mind,
although I remember that I got a good impresstion when I read it :-)

What I suggest is having an FAQ Section about it .. there is indeed Questions
that would be frequently asked by any one who would donate, and he can find
the questions and answers right there ..

Another question, can you personalize the Arabeyes PayPal Page ? to make it
look as if it is a part of the site ??

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi