Re: localCVS: ae_admin TODO_global

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 05:43, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> I'm not sure why we have 'translation' stuff in the TODO list? I really
> don't think we should concern ourselves with translation past KDE/Gnome.
> This is from a 'development' perspective, IMHO.
>
> 4 out of 12 items are 'translation'. I would suggest they are removed. I
> don't know why we would translate StarOffice strings or Mozilla's for
> that matter. Maybe we should instead write patches to
> Mozilla/StarOffice, or make that the TODO item.

I see your point .. but remember that translators are different than
developers .. and if in the Future ( after being done with KDe/Gnome) there
is still translators' man power, we should not waste it ..
Of course I do not agree to work in StarOffice as it is a comercial product ..
but we may work in OpenOffice, Translating Menues for LyX, VIM-with-X, and do
on ..
By the time we are done with Gnome/KDE we will have a good translation
Database, that make moving to new apps a one man job .. ( most of the UI
terms are semilar)..

Yours
	Isam Bayazidi