Re: QaMoose issues

--- Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> There is simply no way of calling php functions within perl. I don't
> know how that is 'doable' unless you intend to rewrite the php function
> that grab the data from mysql tables (in essense writing right.pl).. I
> don't think that's a good idea.

I was thinking more in terms of running the php command-line (somehow) on
the section that needs to be run externally or even to comment it out and
have the internal perl do it -- added baggage, I know (but that's what I
was thinking when I wrote that).

> Any change that has happened you were informed of (via core list). I'm
> not sure what you mean as to what it entails. It is eventually going to
> mean everything you see on arabeyes.org will be mysql driven.
>
> The ultimate goal is not to complicate things, but to achieve two goals:
> 1. Easier maintainership
> 2. English/Arabic site -- most important
>
> Eventually I would like to have two columns in the mysql tables one for
> English and another for Arabic and the visitor would select one or the
> other, etc.

I meant to say - I haven't looked into the .php files to really know
what's inside of 'em; your plan sounds very reasonable and is certainly
the way to go.