Re: QaMoose issues

--- Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> I've had some reports of problems with QaMoose's virtual keyboard that I
> have not been able to duplicate. Some say the scripts gives an internal
> server error. It works fine on my end. Any ideas? (the log file says
> script prematurely aborted).

Yup, I get that error too -- its very likely to be a path (apache) issue
relating to the pics.  The local copy that I had and tested all this on
worked fine, but then again it wasn't in /usr/lib/BLAH/BLAH; so it sounds
like a trial-n-error session to me.

> The other issue is that qamoose's 'display_file()' throws out all the
> PHP code so it can display it. Well, the right menus are generated based
> on what's on the mysql tables (the 'Projects' links for now, and
> everything else eventually). That will mean that the right menus are not
> going to be display-able.
>
> So.. If that is the case, then maybe we should simply throw out the
> right menus for QaMoose and stick w/ the header/footer. After all, most
> of the applications we have (cvsweb/faqomatic/arabugs) don't have the
> right menus.

Its totally upto you on what you'd like to see, but I would tend to agree
(and I'm reading into what you are saying) that it would be easiest not
to deal with all these things and simply ignore the right column altogether.

I would note the following though, its most likely doable - I in all honesty
don't know what all the changes to arabeyes as of late entail (nor am I asking
for info, simply stating fact), but it would mean more time fiddling with
things.