Re: Reminders..

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 12:47:27AM +0200, Isam Bayazidi wrote:

> I started distributing the text form in the forums, and linux4arab, and so
> .. I checked my Windows, I discovered that I uninstalled Adobe Distiller,
> so I can not create PDFs, I will try to get the CD for distiller tomorrow
> .. After I upgraded the kernel of Linux to 2.4.13, my modem driver decided
> to stop working, so I can not access the Internet from Linux, I will try
> tonight to go back to 2.4.3 kernel.. and I will send you the text file for
> the Newsletter ..

Hrmm.. grab the template.tex file and re-format the newsletter in it.. then
convert it to PDF (on arabeyes.org if you like).

> I will announce that we want to start in Ispell project all over the place
> ( the developer mailing list, some arabic programmers forums, Linux forums,
> etc.. ) and see if we got really interested people .. because it seems that
> as I am having the university project ahead of me now, I can not give time
> to Ispell, and it seems that ( and I believe that) the spell checker for
> arabic shouldn't wait for me :-(

I wouldn't make any announcements before we have something more concrete.

> About QT Translation, I was not able to compile QT3 due to out of memory
> problems ( I have 64MB RAM, 85MB swap, I know, not enough ) .. I will try
> to compile the QT in some friend's PC .. there is a POT file that I can do
> from here, but there is another file to translate that needs a program to
> view/read/change it.. a simple Text editor will be error prone .. and the
> program that opens it is in QT3 :-)

I have a working copy of qt3, I can see translator, and can input/output
Arabic and translate words just fine. I emailed Lars with a few questions but
he still didn't get back to me.

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/     |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                    |
| University of North Texas            | http://fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |