Re: Reminders..

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 11:21:45AM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> A few things to note/reminders:
>
> 1. We missed our weekly yesterday :-(  we need a bit of diligence on this
>    since its so important at this stage of Arabeyes (we'll have to take
>    turns on how's responsible about sending the agenda and the reminders
>    every week, volunteers for next week ?).

Yeah, I suggest we make them bi-monthly.

> 2. VIM - Mohammed _please_ release what you have so as we can finish it
>    up and talk to Bram (VIM's maintainer) or do a supplementary release.

<cough>uhum...ok</cough>

> 6. NEWSLETTER - Isam needs to upload his 4 files (arabic text/html, english
>    text/html and a PDF for both arabic and english).  Mohammed needs to
>    decide on the layout and location of files in the Resources link.

I am going to create a 'newsletter' list. Its archive link will be on
'Resources'. The 'newsletter' (first one) might need to have a little blurb
about the mailing-list so people would subscribe to it, instead of them being
bombarded in un-related lists. Currently, it is only appropriate to post it on
general. Do _not_ post it to doc or developer ;)

> I will create a ae_admin dir under LOCALCVS to move all the administrative
> files under it (weekly_agenda, weekly_minutes, site.todo, irc.notes, etc)
> If someone has an issue with the dir name speak-up now; if you have a
> hierarchy in mind, please present it.

Go for it.

> We've gotten a lot of traffic due to freshmeat and QaMoose any ideas on
> how to use that to our advantage (ie. how to rope non-arab volunteers ?)
> I'm thinking we need a Bidi library (minimal) and a shapping library which
> we can disperse to people to include in their packages (ie. to remove the
> arabic part of the work) -- dunno...

no.. we're not going there. There is already a lot of work on that (e.g.
icu,fribidi,..).

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/     |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                    |
| University of North Texas            | http://fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |