A few admin issues

Salam,

Here are a few issues I faced while writing the RSS related scripts,
although not all of those issues are related to that. Please answer of
you have an answer to one or all the issues ;)

1- cvs2rss.py outputs its RSS file in ~arabeyes/htdocs/www/rss/. this
script is run at every commit and thus is run by 'cvsuser'. However,
the output dir belongs to 'arabeyes'... Is it hazardous to 'chmod g+w'
it?

2- ml2rss.pl needs to be run everytime there's a new post on a mailing
list. Where can I then plug it? Nadim, any idea?

3- Are we doing backup? Is so, how/when/where etc :)

4- Some files are there for no obvious purpous:
* ~arabeyes/bin/cvs/cvs_test.py
* ~arabeyes/bin/www/koko !!!

What are they there for? Can we remove them?

5- Some files/dirs should probably be committed:
* All the files under ~arabeyes/bin/cron (except wordlist_updater, that is)
* What about the crontab?
* Config file for Planet?
* Proabably a few other things...

6- Some files/dirs are duplicated:
* ~arabeyes/scripts/ and ~arabeyes/bin/admin/backup. The latter seems
to be modified with regard to the CVS version...

I think it's very important to clear this situation. It took me some
time to understand where/how things were organized, and that will
happen again and again if we don't fix that soon... It is also
important to commit modifications whenever there are any and avoid
letting phoney files here and there ;)

Regards,

--
Youcef R. Rahal