Re: Moving to Subversion

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 18:02 +0000, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:

> [..]
>
> Is this a requirement of subversion, or of the subversion/apache
> intergration? I don't think this is really needed, but as I am using svn
> in a project here without apache integration, I was wondering if that is
> it.

Oh no, it's not. However, it is the easiest method of authentication
(there are all kinds of elaborate methods). Apache2 svn integration
comes in really handy and gives me the option to allow those behind
proxies (either at work or behind some country-wide proxy) to be able to
contribute without the hassles associated.

> Still, seperating projects should be a good idea anyway..

Glad others seem to agree.

> Alas, I now need to unlearn cvs..

Well, a lot of other projects still use CVS (so it's not gonna go away
just yet.. but slowly.. ;)

> As an aside, a good svn gui client is tortoisesvn, which we are using
> here. (And there is a tortoisecvs too). If a gui tool is to be mentioned
> in the cvs (svn?) howto, this is the one..

Yeah, I read-up on it somewhere. Looks nice.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|