Re: Moving to Subversion

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:45:33 +0400, Mohammed Elzubeir
<elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

> Some of the benefits to the migration:
> 1. Making my job easier (deleting, removing, etc. files) -- you no
> longer have to request them from me.
> 2. Those behind proxies can access it (integrates with Apache)
> 3. Better handling of binary files
> 4. Better bandwidth utilization (e.g. you would be sending a diff of a
> file, not the entire file when doing a commit, etc.)
>
> and last but not least
> 5. It can be localized to Arabic (so you can get those wonderful error
> and warning messages in Arabic) ;)

6- Oh, and you avoid deleting historical info (some precious release
tag for ex...) by mistake with no way of getting it back, since
everything you do is recorded as a revision and you can thus revert
back easily (this is not available in CVS AFAIK).

7- A lot of other easy stuff which are a real headache in CVS...

Salam,

Youcef, so eager to use SVN....

--
Youcef R. Rahal