Re: PHP module for elections

--- Omar Abo-Namous <merlin12345 at gmx dot de> wrote:
> >> What about the list the core team sets? which method should be used to
> >> determine whether a specific user can vote?
> >
> > The idea here is that the person should have had some CVS activity in the
> > past X days (initial thoughts put that X at about the previous 3 months).
>
> Now i'm confused: the now-core selects from a list of persons (who have
> had cvs-activity in the last x) some candidates. Is anybody able to vote
> then or is it also limited to the ones that have had cvs-activity?

Once CVS active people note their candidacy we need a mechanism to include
them on the ballot.  Only people with CVS activity will be allowed to vote.
In short, the answer to your question(s) above is that candidates will have
to have had some CVS activity in the past X months/weeks as do the voters.

> please make sure to make the difference between voters und votee
> (? voted-fors) visible.

There is no difference, the only one that exists is a candidates willingness
to run for the position.

> So the voter goes in, selects his choices (up to 5) and once he clicks on
> "submit", he can't add anything to them. That's even easier.

Yup, that's the idea.

> Will the voter be voting for 5 different functions? What i mean: Do you get
> to say, i want Omar to be President (:-)), Nadim vice and so forth, or is it
> just 5 completely equal core-personell?

Equal positions - simply "for Core".

> > Do please make sure to submit patches against the www code in CVS
> > (diff -u file.orig file.new >> my_patch) and make sure _not_ to do
> > this on windows (else run dos2unix :-)
>
> I'll try my best. :)

Great, thanks again !!