Re: election PHP integration

--- Mohammed Sameer <uniball at gmx dot net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 11:45:27AM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > Login and proceed to nominate yourself and vote.  If you see any
> > weirdness/anomalies or bugs, make sure to let me know ASAP.
>
> * Nominate your self, submit. then press on the nominate again, You'll get
>   1000 characters left though there is text there.

Yeah this is known - its a Javascript bug (and I don't do Javascript).
I copied the code from the net.  If you put your cursor and move around
it corrects itself (someone should fix this at some point).

> * The "Nomination active" check box doesn't preserve the state.

It does for me.  You are supposed to press on the 'Modify Nomination'
button to capture it.  Let me know if this still doesn't work for ya.

> * If I'm not allowed to vote for myself, then my name should not be
>   there in the list.

Thought about that but decided against it.  This way you can tell who is
running for the election, etc -- ie. it'll denote a complete list which is
always nice to see (its reassuring).  I just added a little blurb on top of
the voting-booth to note that people should not vote for themselves.

> I don't think I found anything more.

Good, then it sounds like I should upload the patch and we should go live
with it :-)  Any other testers/comments ?

Thanks for the help.