Re: Elections php module

--- Omar Abo-Namous <merlin12345 at gmx dot de> wrote:
> hairy, yes.

As noted the md5sum stuff can be done later - its actually rather simple
yet awkward to explain :-)

> i didn't know you needed to find out, who voted for who?! My concept
> until now is that the votes are counted without noting, for whom you've
> voted.

I think we need to keep people's selection in the mysql in case fraud is
suspected and/or a recount is called (this certainly is not to be public
knowledge).

> Please answer as fast as possible, because, if you need this reassurance,
> then i'd have to rethink some parts. Alhamdulillah i didn't do the vote.php
> yet ;)

One _very_ easy way to record people's selections is to simple store-off
the email that the election process will send to each and every voter.
So in the mysql table that you've created, you can include a "email" field
or similar entry in which the actual email being sent also gets stored.

Hope that helps.