Re: Getting things done

 --- Ossama Khayat <okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Begin Telnet Session ---
> [ossama at OssamaLaptop ossama]$ telnet mail.arabeyes.org 25
[...]
> I can send it internally without authentication!
> I hope it's clear now :)
> .
> 250 Ok: queued as 5607833D11
> --- End Telnet Session ---
>
> So, the message should be there in some time.

A couple of things.

1.What you are testing now is a problem of the SMTP protocol itself, which
assumes that anybody has the right to send to somebody at arabeyes dot org on
the server arabeyes dot org. This is not relaying.

2. What will happen after that is not guaranteed. Your e-mail may pass. It may
be blocked later by an anit-spam program. So don't be sure that it will pop up
later. At least mine didn't, some days ago.

So I will not assume that this is a problem of our server. Not that we can
solve anyway. We could have checked if this e-mail is actually from ok.ok
(reverse DNS), but this has other problems.

Salam,
Muhammad Alkarouri