Re: Getting things done

--- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
>  --- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> I don't see a problem with people using open relays. As they should not be
> doing so and it will be a problem for them anyway to interact with other mail
> servers, no problem.
>
> I am reluctant to go that way, however, because I am not sure whether I would
> trust these lists. Some met problems in 2003, and in fact arabeyes.org was
> flagged as spam at that time with everybody else. Remember
> http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2003/October/msg00003.html.

So we are back to square-1 :-)  I really have no problem with those lists
as they are VERY responsive and you can very easily request to have your
IP retested (which they do within a day or so of your request) in case of
any wrong reports.  Other thoughts ?

> > Elzubeir already setup SASL and that is what's being used for those using
> > @arabeyes from the outside (namely Elzubeir and Youcef).
>
> I will use the opportunity to bug you once again. Any reason for you not to
> use an arabeyes.org e-mail? I won't repeat the logic, you've heard it plenty
> of times :)

E Tu Brutus ? :-)  I'm VERY often NOT on the same machine (I tend to use
4-5 different machines sometimes on the same day even) and can't afford
to keep transferring my mails all over the place.  Simply put, this works
best for me and sorry if it gives anyone heart attacks :-)

So now what ?  What should we do to close-up this spam/forge/spoof topic ?
Are we protected enough now to simply say, "we've done enough" or .... ?