Re: Spoofed email

--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> I wasn't able to figure out (nor did I find anything on the net that
> pointed me in right direction about comparing the two FROMs), so after
> talking to Uniball/Xsnack on IRC - I added a header check to our postfix
> main.cf file.  So now we should really be solid.  We are now NOT allowing
> anyone from the outside to come-in with either an envelope from (that was
> the first check being done already) or a header From field (new check now)
> set to arabeyes.org

Damn it - I knew it couldn't be this easy.  Well the new filtering now
filters both incoming and outgoing mails and that's a NO NO.  So I've
disabled that addition and we are back to the old setup.  Postfix notes
that to do external header filtering only you'll need postfix-2.1 to be
installed (which is not yet in debian's apt repositories).

  http://www.postfix.org/BUILTIN_FILTER_README.html

Anyone with ideas (please don't just say spamassassin without details on
what/how to get it done)- I'm giving up on this as I think I've spent
enough time on it :-)

Salam & sorry for the extra noise.