Re: Funds page (again)

--- Omar Abo-Namous <merlin12345 at gmx dot de> wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:07:38 -0700 (PDT), Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > --- Omar Abo-Namous <merlin12345 at gmx dot de> wrote:
> > Omar, gimme me a couple of days to play around with it to report back.
> > The content looks cool, yet the display of the data needs a bit more
> > work (maybe have 2-line per entry) so that all the fields are properly
> > readable and none of the data in the various columns impedes on its
> > neighbors (ie. this is strictly a display thing).
>
> i've placed the comment on a line of its own.

Better but still hard to read - I think we'll need to work on this later.
Maybe something like,

  http://www.gnucash.org/images/gnome-1.6/savings-double.gif
  http://moneydance.com/images/ss_200303/register.jpg(*)

(*) Note balance is not per page, but per entry

> Only this thing with the two balances, i don't think that's very
> wise... i'm thinking of a cash book: each page only contains the
> balance 'till that page, not to the end of the file...

Not sure what you mean - but what is there is sufficient (btw, no need
for the + or -, the green and red would do and they should only be used
on the amounts, not names, etc :-)

To be completely hones that second link above is the ideal thing to
see, but we dont't have horizontal space to do that - so its no big.
We can always reformat the data for look later to please the eye.

One minor thing to note - there is no modify option to those entries
already in the db (once logged-in).  It would be nice to have the
option to delete and/or modify an entry in case a error was noticed.

A quickie bug - if you do a show "5" view on things note how the
"Balance total in account" is inconsistent from page to page (click
on previous/next) - this should be corrected as it should always
note the absolute balance in the account taking all dates into
consideration.

Future thoughts - it would nice to have the ability to see per month,
per year views but that is not needed now.  Another thing to consider
is the ability to store-off receipt so that whenever a person clicks
on a withdrawal entry in the finance page a scanned receipt is
presented (with the appropriate upload form when entering transactions,
etc).

Once the above bug/typeo/oddity is fixed - do please make available a
patch for us to incorporate.

Thanks again and sorry for the delay.