Re: Funds page

--- Omar Abo-Namous <merlin12345 at gmx dot de> wrote:
> i attached the new patch. I think you'll still need the finance.php
> file but it's in one of my previous emails.

Omar, your patch file had a number of issue with it,

 1. You did the development and run the diff (ie. to generate the patch)
    on a windows machine (ouch :-)
 2. Your patch due to step-1 contained a number of DOS characters within
 3. Your patch due to step-1 contained dirnames with \ instead of the
    normal / dir hierarchy delimiters
 4. Your patch included the command-line you ran to generate each diff
    when it shouldn't (revisit my last email on how to have done it via
    the ">>" output redirect method)

I've modified your patch to fix all of the above (by hand) and included the
aforementioned finance.php file (it really shouldn't have been missing as
that rendered the whole thing useless).

I really hope this has been a learning experience as it was difficult and
time consuming to do all this and I really hope future patches won't be
done in the manner (ie. not on windows and not missing files).  We're all
learning, so no harm done !!

As for bugzilla - we'll bypass it for now to get the process of generating
the patchs solidified, but in the future simply submit the patch as though
you are submitting a bug fix (don't worry about the name of the thing).
In other words, there is no stigma attached to the word "bug".  Just assume
there is a bug and submit the patch so in this instance it would have been
simply "bug is 'missing finance php code'" and attach the patch :-)

Youcef, could you look over this code and let us know of its acceptance
value, etc ?  I really want to move on from this dreaded subject already.