Re: Funds page(s)

Salam,

I am not sure I fully understand if:

1/ You envision that the entries are stored in our MySQL database ?

or

2/ The PHP page would be "plugged" somehow to the bank account and thus
displaying this info ?

In the first case, I'm not sure how we'll be able to easily (automatically)
enter the donations/expenses without entering that by hand everytime. I know
for PayPal there was a mechanism for that (Mohammed E. can comment ?). Of
course, for the beginning, I guess we'll not really deal with tens of
donations a day, but I'd like to know how do you see this.

In the second case, I dunno how that would be possible. It depends on the bank
and what they may offer technically. And I think it would be difficult and
dangerous.

Except that, I think the rest should be easily doable (table, colors etc).

Please comment,

Salam,

PS: That was a nice table you made in ASCII ;)

On Thursday 19 February 2004 02:39, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> Youcef, I was told at our last 'core' meeting to bring this topic up on
> the 'admin' list and so I'm trying :-)  Once our bank account is setup
> and we are able to have people wire money to it, we need to have a Funds
> page that would show chronologically,
>
>                                                          [Previous  Next]
>                                     [Balance from previous pages = +$300]
>                                     [Balance on current page     = +$ 50]
>                                     [Balance total in account    = +%350]
>   Date          Type      Amount         Comment                Entry
>  Feb 20, 2004   Deposit    $200      Donation from Santa        Youcef
>                                      since he loved Arabbix.
>  Feb 26, 2004   Withdrawal $150      Santa bribe for more       Anmar
>                                      cookies and better toys.
>  ========================================================================
>  Balance in Account        $350
>
> The Deposit should be green in color (or maybe make the entire horizontal
> line be green - all +/plus values should be green) and the withdrawal lines
> should be in red (balance in black).  The entries above are
> self-explanatory and should be provided via a web interface to enter (or
> change) the content. The "Entry" field above is meant to denote who entered
> the info for that particular line.  It would be ideal to see only say 10
> entries and a "previous/next" link and info from the balance coming in or
> going out on that page along with the true balance on the entire account at
> present (I tried to show that in the example above).  It would also be
> ideal if each withdrawal entry if clicked would show a PDF/PNG/etc scan of
> the actual receipt that the funds were used for.
>
> We need this page to be ready by the time the account is opened so that
> we can start using it from day one (and I'm guessing the account is
> coming through soon).
>
> That's all I had in mind (I'm sure you and others can improve upon it :-)
>
> Salam.
>
>  - Nadim

- --
Youcef R. Rahal