Re: Offer of services

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 00:31, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> I disagree, if Armelle has a solution he's willing to support and
> he's willing to put-in the time to investigate it then by all means.
> One thing, though, I'd be leery about.  We want our site to look very
> professional and unique - we didn't go with most CMS options out there
> since not all our wishes would have been catered to and we would have
> looked very generic (without character and not unique).

I don't think you appreciate the complexity of the current code. Using a
stock CMS will simply not work without writing considerable code to
satisfy our needs (or modifying _our_ needs to match that of what is
available).

If Amelle wants to spend the time in experimenting, he is free to do so.
I just want to save him the time and effort -- which better spent at
improving the current code instead of replacing it.

Amelle, it is not just that we spent many countless man-hours on this
site -- it is so customized to the way we work that any changes will
involve changing the way we work as well. For example, if you were
suggesting a change over to something like a CMF and dressing it with
your own CMS, then that would be fine with me (granted you want to spend
the time).

In fact, I think the current code, if properly re-organized, could be
generalized to be released as its own CMS for others to use as well, as
opposed to us dropping it and using something else.

In any case, do as you please -- but I have given you my advice ;)

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir