Re: Website (again)

Salam,

From: Arafat Mohamed
Subject: Re: Website (again)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:09:43 -0500

2. As you might have read, we need an Arabic translation of our site. A
number of people might help in this regard (but we've seen lots of talk
before and little/no action), but we need a means to click on 'Arabic'
to see UTF-8 Arabic content/menus etc. This will take some time, I'm
guessing since the mysql will have to be replicated, etc. So the
sooner this gets looked into the better.

Youcef, would you be willing to take lead on this as it's a long(er) term project? Just help set up the tables and coordinate the translations. I'll do the code when we reach critical mass.

Certainly not now. Until the end of December I have stopped all my activities on Arabeyes (and others). What you must keep in mind is to use 'gettext' to generate PO files (gettext takes care of PHP). This is not a big deal really. The PO files should then be translated. There is no particular code to write, only the implementation of the gettext functions wherever there is a text, and then ONE 'if' to decide weither to display Arabic or English. The MySQL would be somewhat more difficult to translate., and I don't know for the time being how this could be done.

3. We still await the look change (left-side menu).

Yeah, I thought I had this then realized no one liked what I did :) I'll do a better job.

Not 'no one liked what you did', but we simply relaized that you already made a better job for the same thing. We only want to see that better one back !

Salam,

Youcef.

PS: Please keep the communication active. When you can't work, please send a one line email to this list to inform us. Thanks.

MSN Messenger 6 http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866 : dialoguez en son et en image avec vos amis.