Re: Website (again)

Salam all,

Just so you all know, I've started working on the site yesterday. It seems to me that the 2 top priorities right now are:
1) Thank you page.
2) Left side menu.

If there's anything else that needs to be set higher please let me know so I can take it into consideration.

Also, I recall seeing a message from someone else wanting to help with the site. Could the person(s) in question please get in touch with me so we can begin coordinating?

Further comments follow bellow.

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
Arafat, now that you are recommitted (per your personal email noting that
you will be putting in more time/effort) a couple of rather "hot" topics
need to be looked into ASAP.

 1. We need a thank you page which will contain various "This is what this
    individual/company donated and here is their logo and a link to their
    site" is needed.
    - I'm envisioning a single page with various sections (per date) with
      a standard logo of those that donate something.  We'll be announcing
      a big donation (a couple actually) and need this page ready.

Should there be a time limit on when to display the donor link? i.e. stop displaying after 2 months. Or do we do it as in last 3 donors (e.g.). Also, I figure allowing the donor a few lines to write what they'd like (plug their company). Is there a problem with this?

2. As you might have read, we need an Arabic translation of our site. A number of people might help in this regard (but we've seen lots of talk before and little/no action), but we need a means to click on 'Arabic' to see UTF-8 Arabic content/menus etc. This will take some time, I'm guessing since the mysql will have to be replicated, etc. So the sooner this gets looked into the better.

Youcef, would you be willing to take lead on this as it's a long(er) term project? Just help set up the tables and coordinate the translations. I'll do the code when we reach critical mass.

3. We still await the look change (left-side menu).

Yeah, I thought I had this then realized no one liked what I did :) I'll do a better job.

4. There are heaps and heaps of issues/suggestions - can we start dissecting and prioritizing them ?

I still have a list of outstanding issues as well as bug reports. Let's finish the 2 top priorities then I'll try to order issues and hopefully get a consensus on it.

Arafat, do please reply and let us know of status and plans.

As in the past, the bulk of my work/results will be evident on weekends. I'm shooting for top 2 priorities to be done by Sunday.