Re: Banners

I am on them like a dirty shirt. I wil use GIMP. If it doesn't work i will pull the serious stuff out (Photoshop 7). Watch out.. hehre I come :)

Will work on those tonight...

Anmar

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at accessme dot com> wrote:

As we were adding the Arabeyes Banner we found that it is large, about 53k in size, Usualy Ad banners should not exceed 10 k in size, but for Arabeyes make it 25k in size, if you can find someone to make another verison of that file it will be great, as the current size will cause slow uploads for our pages for Dialup users, 53k file need about 15-17 seconds to download for dialup users, so, with the page contents, and other graphics in the page it will be up to 25 seconds, more than half of it spent on the banner alone. Besides, Site graphics can be cached by browsers, while banners can not, so it will he to be loaded every time someone access the page... and that is not
really acceptable either for you, or us..

Please provide us with a smaller file, or if you prefer we can put a static banner of your design.

Isam, give us some time to remedy the size/foot-print issue and we'll get
back to (it will probably be at least a week or so).  As you are aware we
did not create those banner which means will have to hunt for their creator
and/or create new ones of our own.

More later.

BTW: do please subscribe to 'admin' and post such issues there.