Re: Banners

--- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at accessme dot com> wrote:
> As we were adding the Arabeyes Banner we found that it is large, about 53k
> in size, Usualy Ad banners should not exceed 10 k in size, but for Arabeyes
> make it 25k in size, if you can find someone to make another verison of that
> file it will be great, as the current size will cause slow uploads for our
> pages for Dialup users, 53k file need about 15-17 seconds to download for
> dialup users, so, with the page contents, and other graphics in the page it
> will be up to 25 seconds, more than half of it spent on the banner alone.
> Besides, Site graphics can be cached by browsers, while banners can not, so
> it will he to be loaded every time someone access the page... and that is not
> really acceptable either for you, or us..
>
> Please provide us with a smaller file, or if you prefer we can put a static
> banner of your design.

Isam, give us some time to remedy the size/foot-print issue and we'll get
back to (it will probably be at least a week or so).  As you are aware we
did not create those banner which means will have to hunt for their creator
and/or create new ones of our own.

More later.

BTW: do please subscribe to 'admin' and post such issues there.