Automatic picture gallery generation script for Art.arabeyes.org site

Salam,
I've been working on a simple script for our new Art
site, which would mainly have lots of screen shots of
Arabic translated applications.
I did't decide on the final structure of the site yet,
but here are some ideas I have in mind, without any
particular order:
* I'll create a directory structure, in which users
would simply upload (thought ftp or a form) the screen
shots they have.
* If necessary, I need a way to include a desception
for each screen shot, which could be added to a log
file and displayed correspondly.
* The PHP script will read the files, generate
thumbnails and display them on the corresponding page
for the application/program requested.
* The website itself will use the same look & feel of
the mother arabeyes.org website.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome :)

regards,
Ossama Khayat