Re: Arabizing Arabeyes website (Todo)

Salam,

From: "Ahmad Twaijry"
Subject: Re: Arabizing Arabeyes website (Todo)
Date: Sun,  2 Nov 2003 14:35:13 -0800

Even if I use gettext I must do some change in the SQL statment in php
files

Well, of course. But this should be done somewhere in the beginning (when the language is chosen) so that the correct tables are used for queries. That way you will change minimially the PHP queries inside the code.

The Arabic tables should be the exact copy of those in english. In fact maybe this could even be done without the need for new tables. Simply adding rows: like row1_en, row1_ar, row2_en, row2_fr? etc etc. If the corresponding row does not exist, the website should display the default row (English?).

This translation effort is not really complicated but should be done and thought delicately. I highly suggest that you go step by step :-) Also, it sounds to me that many people are working at the code now (which is a very good thing). Don't we need a bit of organization and plan however ?

anyway can you give me any URL that talk about gettext and php ?

Well, google is your friend here (as usual :-) http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=gettext

Salam,

Youcef.

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://search.msn.fr/