From: Abderrahim Kitouni <a dot kitouni at gmail dot com>
To: General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>
Sent: Fri, April 22, 2011 1:54:21 PM
Subject: Re: [general] GNOME translations and more

في ر، 20-04-2011 عند 10:38 -0700 ، كتب abed fa:
> The translation:
> Should we make a priority list?

Of course. I'm even thinking about how to prioritize strings within the
same package. This would be probably better discussed on IRC.

> The technical terms:
> I think we should search for some technical terms' dictionaries, so
> that we can use them, or at least take suggestions rom them; Shall I
> do that?
> Should we expand our base to include other people in the suggestion of
> terms? Translator associations for example.
> I am waiting for your signal.

Did you see the techdict? It's an effort started a while ago (in late
2006) for this same goal. http://wiki.arabeyes.org/القاموس_التقني

> The website:
> Can we take a look at it on any free hosting service? This might help
> us get improvement suggestions & bug reports early.
> Do we need assistance improving this website? 'cause I think I might
> be able to get some help if it's needed :)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but I think we need to agree on
what to do first:
* Should we use a CMS? if so, which one?
* Wouldn't it be even easier if we just made the wiki our main page?
(we'll need to make some pages immutable, and add some content)
* Or maybe we could just fix the current code, and add support for
translations.

Much of this was already discussed, but not much work ensued, and that's
why I've thought about doing something else. See the following links for
what was discussed.

http://wiki.arabeyes.org/Arabeyes_New_Website_Prototype
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/Arabeyes_New_Website

Abderrahim

P.S. I like your enthusiasm, keep it up :-) and don't be upset if I sem
too harsh